1. Optical brightener OB and Optical brightener OB-1 are completely different chemicals
2. Optical brightener OB and Optical brightener OB-1, these two look like brothers. When many people hear Optical brightener OB and Optical brightener OB-1 for the first time, they take it for granted that Optical brightener OB-1 is a complex of ob. With the product, the purity of ob is reduced by one to become Optical brightener OB-1. So, what is the difference between Optical brightener OB and Optical brightener OB-1, what kind of product should use Optical brightener OB, and what kind of product is more suitable for optical brightener OB-1.
Chemical Name: Optical brightener OB-1
Other Name: Fluorescent Brightener 393 ; 4,4′-Bis(2-benzoxazolyl)stilbene ; Fluorescent brightener OB-1
CAS No.: 1533-45-5
Molecular Formula: C28H18N2O2
Molecular weight: 414.45
Optical brightener OB-1 Structure:
Appearance: Yellow greenish powder
Chemical Name: Optical brightener OB
Molecular Formula: C26H26N2O2S
Molecular Weight: 430.56
Optical brightener OB Structure:
Appearance: Yellow greenish powder
The optical brightener OB-1 is suitable for the whitening of chemical fibers such as polyester fiber, nylon fiber, and polypropylene fiber. Brightening and brightening of polypropylene plastic, rigid PVC, ABS, EVA, polystyrene, polycarbonate, etc. It is added in the conventional polymerization of polyester and nylon.
In order to achieve uniform whitening of plastics with different properties, the fluorescent whitening agent must not only adapt to the processing conditions of the plastic, but also have sufficient molecular dispersion or complete solubility in the plastic. In plastic, the optical brightening effect cannot be displayed or greatly reduced. The selection of the right models of different materials will greatly improve the brightening effect of the fluorescent whitening agent.
3. The molecular formula of Optical brightener OB is C26H26N2O2S, and the molecular formula of Optical brightener OB-1 is C28H18N2O2. From the picture above, we can clearly see that the two are completely different chemicals.
What product uses Optical brightener OB, which product is more suitable for Optical brightener OB-1?
Although they are two different chemical substances, from the naming, you can also guess that there are many similarities between the two. For example, Optical brightener OB and Optical brightener OB-1 have a wide range of applications. Most plastic ob and Optical brightener OB-1 can be used in common, and the whitening and brightening effect is obvious. So, where is the difference?
1. Melting point: Optical brightener OB-1>Optical brightener OB
Because the melting point of Optical brightener OB is 200 degrees, and the melting point of Optical brightener OB-1 is as high as 360 degrees, this determines that Optical brightener OB cannot be used for high-temperature plastic products, such as air conditioner casings and some kitchen utensils. Therefore, if your product requires high temperature processing, optical brightener OB-1 is your first choice.
2. Dispersion and stability: Optical brightener OB>Optical brightener OB-1
Here, we must first explain that good dispersibility means that the product is easier to dissolve and evenly. For example, paint and ink have high requirements on the dispersibility of the fluorescent whitening agent; good stability means that the product is not easy to migrate and yellow in the later stage. For example, some inferior shoe soles were white and clean when they were first bought, but they turned yellow and discolored after a while, which shows that the stability of the fluorescent whitening agent is poor.
Of course, I am not saying that the dispersion and stability of optical brightener OB-1 is not good, but it is slightly worse than ob. Because of this difference, Lianda Fluorescence Technology generally does not recommend using the optical brightener OB-1 in ink coatings and soft plastics. Ob is relatively better in dispersibility and weather resistance, and it is not prone to yellowing. The situation of migration.