Toluhydroquinone / 2-Methylhydroquinone CAS 95-71-6
Off-white crystal powder
Loss on drying
What Is Toluhydroquinone / 2-Methylhydroquinone?
1. It is white or almost white crystal, which can be sublimated by heat and become black when it is wet. Slightly soluble in water, soluble in ethyl ester, methanol, and insoluble in petroleum ether. It is an important intermediate for industrial synthesis of vitamin E.
2. A new type of polymerization inhibitor, Toluhydroquinone is an efficient type of unsaturated resin polymerization inhibitor. Generally, the addition of two ten thousandths of the resin can exert a good polymerization inhibition effect in production and storage, and it will prevent the resin from hardening after polymerization. The stability is more than half a year; Toluhydroquinone has good solubility and no pollution to its products. It is not affected by temperature and environment. It only needs one product to ensure the quality of the resin.
3. Toluhydroquinone is not affected by temperature, and always reacts quickly with free radicals to achieve rapid polymerization inhibition, while tert-butylcatechol will lose the polymerization inhibition effect and even affect the color of the resin after thermal decomposition; it is not affected by the environment, in aerobic or In an oxygen-free container, it can inhibit polymerization, while hydroquinone does not work in an oxygen-deficient container.
4. The resin produced by using Toluhydroquinone will not affect the final curing speed of the resin under the action of the initiation system; Toluhydroquinone can show excellent polymerization inhibition effect in the high temperature curing type pultrusion and extrusion resins, which is new The product of a generation of unsaturated resin polymerization inhibitor.
Toluhydroquinone / 2-MethylhydroquinoneUse
1. 2-Methylhydroquinone / Toluhydroquinone is an important intermediate in the industrial synthesis of vitamin E, and it can be obtained by condensation reaction with isophytol side chain.
2. With 2-Methylhydroquinone / Toluhydroquinone as the main ring, and the side chain C isophytol under the condition of sulfuric acid as the condensing agent, the vitamin can be obtained by heating and condensing in ethyl acetate. In recent years, due to the wide application of vitamin E in the medical, food, and feed fields, vitamin E products have continued to be popular around the world, especially in the European and American markets.
3. 2-Methylhydroquinone / Toluhydroquinone is also a new type of polymerization inhibitor.
4. This product can be used as an antioxidant. When free radicals exist, they can react with free radicals to consume free radicals.
Toluhydroquinone / 2-Methylhydroquinon Packaging and Shipping
Toluhydroquinone / 2-Methylhydroquinon Storage
It should be placed in a ventilated and dry place.